Secrets to Effective and Compliant Marketing
Competition is tough. Effective advertising and marketing efforts are extremely important to your institution, but are your effective promotions also compliant with the numerous federal regulations? Regulatory agencies, particularly the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), are looking at bank advertising and marketing not only more closely, but in new and different ways. And you may not be ready for it.
The CFPB's high profile focus on advertising/marketing should make this a crucial area of your institution's regulatory compliance efforts. What about that new robocall program? Is it compliant with FTC rules? What can you not say in a deposit advertisement under Truth in Savings? Is your effective marketing program using techniques that might be considered unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts and practices (UDAAP) even if you don't consider them that? Can you make offers for credit from credit report information? What about the Truth in Lending? Are there rules for giveaways, rewards or even free toasters?
Please join Coppelia Padgett as she provides an in-depth analysis of the various compliance rules governing advertising and marketing for financial institutions together with practical guidance on what you need to do and what you need to avoid.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- What are the fundamental federal regulations that govern advertising from 12 CFR Part 328 and 12 CFR Part 740 to Regulation Z?
- How has UDAAP changed and how is it being applied to bank marketing programs?
- Advertising compliance rules under Reg. Z for both mortgage loans and open-end plans from the Credit CARD Act
- Consumer deposit Advertising Rules in Truth in Savings
- Consumer loan advertising rules in Truth in Lending
- How fair lending and marketing lending products meet
- Soliciting via the phone and email: the Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR), including caller ID requirements, Junk Fax, and CAN-SPAM
- Privacy implications – sharing information under privacy regulations and FCRA
- Promotions – drawings, giveaways, bonuses, etc.
- What rules apply to your website? Social media? Email?
- AND MUCH MORE!
BankersWeb.com Quality Commitment
BankersWeb, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar purchase. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, please email us at [email protected].