HMDA: Fair Lending Ground Zero
While HMDA has been a major focal point in the world of regulatory compliance and fair lending for a generation, the past five years have presented unparalleled waves of compliance requirements and expectations. And just when you felt you were prepared for the upcoming wave, a rip tide (aka rip current) in the form of EGRRCPA (Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act) has perhaps created more uncertainty than relief. As a HMDA compliance surfer, you might feel overwhelmed by the size of the wave and now you have to deal with this new element. Such experience can be daunting and requires expertise as we find ourselves in the midst of the massive HMDA overhaul.
Without question, this is the time to address an institution’s approach to HMDA. With data from HMDA results flowing faster to the market, the opportunity for every wise institution to ensure sound data submissions, as well as to analyze lending patterns within markets served, is critical. Such knowledge gives your institution the capacity to make strategic decisions including corrective action if needed, as well as provide explanations where appropriate. This webinar is about giving you the insights on how this data is actually used by regulators and others. Analysis using the current fields is essential and will be absolutely critical as data elements expand. Avoiding the analysis until raised by a regulator or critic will only make your institution more vulnerable.
In this webinar, we’ll delve further into the changes and show you what those changes mean from an analytical perspective. We’ll also be taking a look at getting HMDA right and how to analyze current HMDA data and those of others in your market. We will also provide guidance as to how HMDA data and analysis is considered by regulators in the context of CRA and Fair Lending/Redlining. We’ll focus on how the skill of regression analysis and how that skill will prove vital as data elements from upcoming HMDA prove significant even if you’re not a required HMDA reporter.
Please join our expert, Ken Agle, as he guides you through the process of collecting and submitting your institution’s HMDA data in accordance with updated requirements and analyzing your institution’s and its competitors' HMDA data to support your fair lending and CRA positions.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
This webinar will focus on making sure your HMDA filings are accurate and complete, but will also help you understand how these filings are considered by regulators in the context of CRA and fair lending/redlining. We will focus on the following:
- Explore the pros and cons of the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act's impact on HMDA
- Walk you through the "what" of HMDA in reviewing the elements of the HMDA-LAR and completion and submission of the LAR
- Give you an understanding of the common misunderstandings and mistakes of HMDA compliance and HMDA reporting
- Delve into upcoming HMDA and how it will mandate strong awareness of underwriting factors and controls
- Provide attendees with insight into the FAQs of HMDA and making sense of the responses
- Peek into the HMDA Data Entry Software and File Specifications and see what impact they have on data reporting
- Common "wrongs" of HMDA data and why they happen again and again and again
- AND MUCH MORE!
BankersWeb.com Quality Commitment
BankersWeb, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar purchase. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, please email us at [email protected].