Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer period.
Presenter(s): Coppelia Padgett, regulatory compliance consultant and former federal examiner
Price:$299.00 webinar or On-Demand, $399.00 webinar and On-Demand. Each option may be viewed by an unlimited number of attendees in one room. On-Demand includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
Credits: Live webinar approved for 1.5 NASBA credit hours (Management Services).
Who Should Attend? Compliance officers, loan officers, loan processors, closing agents, auditors, in-house counsel, and any involved in escrow and loan operations in residential mortgage lending
Escrow accounts are often called the stepchildren of the mortgage business. However, millions of borrowers rely on these accounts and escrow activities to administer taxes, hazard insurance and other vital services. As a result, the federal regulators have implemented complex escrow accounting rules and disclosure requirements over the years to protect consumers and safeguard these accounts. Because consumers are directly affected, compliance with these escrow requirements, such as the initial escrow account analysis, is particularly important.
RESPA, TILA and the interagency flood regulations all have significant impact on escrow rules. This webinar seeks to provide guidance and best practices on how to comply with these rules. In particular, we will discuss common problem areas where regulatory violations have occurred.
Please join our expert, Coppelia Padgett, as she discusses practical steps to help you review and improve your institution’s escrow accounting process to ensure compliance and eliminate potential risks and problems.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Some of the many topics and practical tips you will take away from this webinar include:
- What regulations govern escrow account responsibilities
- What loans require escrow accounts and guidance about voluntary escrow accounts
- The initial escrow analysis & providing compliant initial escrow statement disclosures
- Guidance for annual escrow analysis and annual escrow statements
- The escrow account computation year & short-year statements
- Controls and processes for validating calculations and escrow analysis
- Regulation Z Higher-Priced Mortgage Loan (HPML) escrow mandates
- Dealing with escrow account surpluses, shortages & deficiencies
- Loan payoff escrow account statements
- Handling issues with hazard and flood insurance premiums and escrow funds
- And A checklist for annual escrow statement review to take with you
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for "Escrow Account Compliance: Getting It Right!" is Coppelia Padgett. Ms. Padgett brings 25 years of financial institution experience covering numerous facets of financial institution operations. She began her career as a compliance specialist for the FDIC working primarily out of Los Angeles. She left the FDIC to found the Triac Company in 1992. This consulting firm grew to serve the compliance needs of hundreds of financial institutions in Los Angeles and around the United States. Ms. Padgett currently works as an independent contractor and subject matter expert for leading regulatory and risk management firms from around the country. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Tulsa with a degree in economics.
BankersWEB.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
BankersWEB, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
BankersWEB certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.