Enterprise Risk Management for Financial Institutions
What Mark Twain said about the weather too often applies to a financial organization’s risk-management program: everybody talks about it but nobody does much about it. Part of the problem is a lack of consensus about what ERM means. “Ask any five bankers to define what risk management means to them, and you’ll likely hear five distinctly different answers,” observes Monica Meinert on the ABA Risk and Compliance website. However, she adds, “the one thing that bankers can agree on is that regulatory focus is increasing around enterprise risk management, and regulators are expecting banks of all asset sizes to have a framework in place for assessing and monitoring risk across the entire organization.”
“The whole concept of enterprise risk management continues to be pushed down to smaller and smaller institutions, and it certainly applies to anyone that’s crossed that $1 billion threshold,” agrees Charles Umberger, who is EVP and chief lending officer with Waynesville, N.C.-based Entegra Bank. [https://bankingjournal.aba.com/2018/01/embracing-erm-at-community-banks/]
This webinar is aimed at improving attendees’ understanding of the why and the how of ERM, and to foster effective collaboration among key stakeholders in the risk management process. Participants learn how to explain to stakeholders the complex concepts inherent in ERM, including the definitions and measurements associated with various risks to which banks are exposed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Some of the questions that will be answered include:
- How to communicate the bank’s strategy as aligned to its risk appetite.
- An understanding of the impact of federal and local laws & regulations on the bank's strategy.
- How to demonstrate awareness of the importance of risk management within the your organization.
- How to identify the various risks to which banks are exposed and how those risks can be measured and ranked.
- How to analyze the risks to which your institution is exposed in its daily activities and assess the interaction of differing risks.
- How to review the institution’s activities, analyzing the risks created and their implications for holistic risk management.
- An understanding of the perspectives of your various stakeholders in the risk management process and how to foster better risk-based communication.
BankersWeb.com Quality Commitment
BankersWeb, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar purchase. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, please email us at [email protected].