Date: 11/8/19, 12 PM Eastern
Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer period.
Presenter(s): Coppelia Padgett, regulatory compliance consultant and former federal examiner
Price:$299.00 webinar or On-Demand, $399.00 webinar and On-Demand. Each option may be viewed by an unlimited number of attendees in one room. On-Demand includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? Compliance officers, operations officers, in-house counsel, marketing officers, website managers, consumer loan personnel, internal auditors
The Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-Sign Act) provides the foundation for electronic records and signatures for transactions in or affecting all interstate and foreign commerce. If your institution does almost any form of Internet banking or bill pay, you "do" E-Sign at your institution. The question is, are you doing it in full compliance with law and regulation? To meet regulatory expectations and embrace the opportunities of the net and social media, you need to understand how the law works and your obligations.Please join Coppelia Padgett as she outlines the regulatory requirements and potential risk areas and how to manage them effectively while utilizing your electronic options to the greatest effect.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- What "legal" electronic records are and what is their acceptance in legal disputes
- The legal definitions you need to know
- What specific types of documents cannot be made electronically
- What disclosures must be provided to consumers
- What you need to know about prior consent and how to ensure consent is active
- How consumers can withdraw their consent
- What does “Demonstrative Consent” mean and how do you show it?
- E-Sign's record retention requirements
- What are your responsibilities when consumers demand non-electronic options
- What are the hardware/software requirements and how do you properly handle notices of change
- How do you handle federally mandated disclosures electronically?
- Answers to real life implementation problems
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “E-Sign Act: A Law and Regulations for the Electronic World” is Coppelia Padgett. Ms. Padgett brings 25 years of financial institution experience covering numerous facets of financial institution operations. She began her career as a compliance specialist for the FDIC working primarily out of Los Angeles. She left the FDIC to found the Triac Company in 1992. This consulting firm grew to serve the compliance needs of hundreds of financial institutions in Los Angeles and around the United States. Ms. Padgett currently works as an independent contractor and subject matter expert for leading regulatory and risk management firms from around the country. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Tulsa with a degree in economics.
BankersWEB.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
BankersWEB, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
BankersWEB certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.