COVID-19, Testing, and Temperatures: How to Make Lobbies Safer for Branch Employees and Customers
As financial institutions prepare for staff members to return to their workplaces, they are instituting new measures to keep employees, customers, and members safe. You may be considering temperature checks, active COVID-19 virus tests, and antibody testing for your workforce.
You need to understand the current laws and regulations that govern medical testing by employers. It is also critical to consider the ethical implications of testing employees and determine how to balance individual privacy rights with group health concerns.
- Can employers require employees to take medical tests?
- How does the EEOC definition of a “direct threat” relate to COVID-19?
- What types of testing are available?
- What ethical issues should you consider?
- What protocols should you implement?
- How do tests play a role in FFCRA and EMFLA?