How will you update your background check practices? Adapt to the raging pandemic and the Biden administration.
Background checks are critical for identifying risks posed by applicants and employees. Banks and credit unions must comply with both industry-specific laws and those cover employers generally. Failure to do so can result in massive liability for financial institutions.
The COVID-19 pandemic adds another layer of challenge, making contacting previous employers more difficult and delaying getting information promptly. The Biden administration will likely enhance federal enforcement activities, making compliance more essential. Now is the perfect time to review the relevant requirements and update your background check practices.
- Which background check laws affect financial institutions?
- What background checks are required?
- When should background checks be conducted during the hiring process?
- What is the difference between arrest and conviction records?
- How can you mitigate risk when disqualifying a candidate based on a background check?
- How can you efficiently obtain information during the pandemic?
- What policy changes related to background checks are expected from the Biden administration?
BankersWeb.com Quality Commitment
BankersWeb, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].