Competition is tough. Effective advertising and marketing efforts are extremely important to your institution, but are your effective promotions also compliant with the numerous federal regulations? Regulatory agencies, particularly the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), are looking at bank advertising and marketing not only more closely, but in new and different ways. And you may not be ready for it.
The CFPB's high profile focus on advertising/marketing should make this a crucial area of your institution's regulatory compliance efforts. What about that new robocall program? Is it compliant with FTC rules? What can you not say in a deposit advertisement under Truth in Savings? Is your effective marketing program using techniques that might be considered unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts and practices (UDAAP) even if you don't consider them that? Can you make offers for credit from credit report information? What about the Truth in Lending? Are there rules for giveaways, rewards or even free toasters?
Please join Coppelia Padgett as she provides an in-depth analysis of the various compliance rules governing advertising and marketing for financial institutions together with practical guidance on what you need to do and what you need to avoid.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- What are the fundamental federal regulations that govern advertising from 12 CFR Part 328 and 12 CFR Part 740 to Regulation Z?
- How has UDAAP changed and how is it being applied to bank marketing programs?
- Advertising compliance rules under Reg. Z for both mortgage loans and open-end plans from the Credit CARD Act
- Consumer deposit Advertising Rules in Truth in Savings
- Consumer loan advertising rules in Truth in Lending
- How fair lending and marketing lending products meet
- Soliciting via the phone and email: the Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR), including caller ID requirements, Junk Fax, and CAN-SPAM
- Privacy implications – sharing information under privacy regulations and FCRA
- Promotions – drawings, giveaways, bonuses, etc.
- What rules apply to your website? Social media? Email?
- AND MUCH MORE!
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Advertising & Marketing Rules: Ensuring Effective and Compliant Programs" is Coppelia Padgett. Ms. Padgett brings 25 years of financial institution experience covering numerous facets of financial institution operations. She began her career as a compliance specialist for the FDIC working primarily out of Los Angeles. She left the FDIC to found the Triac Company in 1992. This consulting firm grew to serve the compliance needs of hundreds of financial institutions in Los Angeles and around the United States. Ms. Padgett currently works as an independent contractor and subject matter expert for leading regulatory and risk management firms from around the country. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Tulsa with a degree in economics.
BankersWEB.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
BankersWEB, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
BankersWEB certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.