Cannabis will continue to thrive in 2021. Learn how you can benefit from this industry.
During 2020, the cannabis industry continued to grow and experienced promising milestones:
- Legislation to protect financial institutions that bank the industry passed the House.
- Marijuana businesses were designated essential during the COVID lockdowns.
- Voters in five states approved ballot measures to create or expand legal marijuana programs.
Marijuana is now legal to some extent in a majority of states, Americans overwhelmingly support reform of federal cannabis policy, and banks and credit unions are starting to engage with the industry.
Offering financial services to these companies poses regulatory challenges, so whether you’re currently banking cannabis or are canna-curious, you need to stay current with what’s happening at the state and federal level.
- What essential cannabis terminology should you know?
- What federal and state guidance exists for banking marijuana businesses?
- How do the major 2020 cannabis industry events affect banking?
- How can you prepare your financial institution to engage with the cannabis industry in 2021?
- How will federal cannabis priorities likely change with the new administration?
BankersWeb.com Quality Commitment
BankersWeb, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].